It's Monday morning. It's the start of a new week and our last week in Columbia. It may not be our last week ever in Columbia but it is the last for this season of our lives. Zach wasn't feeling well this morning and is home sleeping. Lia has made herself a little "nest" with her blanket and is sucking on big pink. Todd is at the Chemistry building working on his thesis--it's almost done. I'm sitting in my rocking chair, thinking about the week ahead and God's faithfulness to us in these days.
It's going to be a busy week. There are friends to see, cleaning and packing to do and preparations to be done for our move. It still doesn't seem real that we are moving to KC.
Our last Sunday at church was yesterday. Friends gathered around to pray for us. I would have loved to have said something, express my thanks for the 20 years that I have been part of this amazing community but my emotions were high and not a word could have been spoken. It will always be home and I hope that we will be an extension of this wonderful place wherever God leads us.
Rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment