Friday, May 25, 2007

the Starbucks Line

This morning I went to Starbucks to grab a tea and coffee for Todd and I. While I waited in line I was doing some people watching. The time was 7:30 am. It was amusing to me to note the state of mind that each person seemed to be in.

The first in line was a lady, she probably already had had some coffee and was now onto her second or maybe third round of caffeine--she was happy, obviously looking forward to her Guatemalan blend.

The second in line was a couple, they were chatting, looked like they just kind of rolled out of bed and stopped in to have something on the go--not fully awake but friendly and happy to be together.

The third in line was a woman who looked like she was in her mid-thirties. She looked like she needed several more hours of sleep. Her face was scowled and serious. This is what she ordered: a regular Carmel maccioto, extra shot, no sugar, no whip, skim milk. She then smiled at me and told me how beautiful Lia is. I think she woke up by just placing her order and knowing that she would soon be satisfied with extra shots of caffeine she was so happy!

I do enjoy Starbucks!

No comments: