Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Worry or Trust

Every Sunday night I start thinking about the day that follows . . . Monday. What will Monday bring? An interview for Todd? A job offer? Clarity? Thesis completed. For the past 2 months I have done this every week.

Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not your life more than food and the body more than clothing.

Jesus said those words. He knew that the cares of this life would cause us to worry. Jesus goes on to say that He provides for the birds of the air and that we are of more value than they. Jesus knows that we need food, shelter, clothes to wear and assurance that we aren't alone. He says, don't worry! Don't worry . . .

worry: be or make anxious: to feel anxious about something unpleasant that may have happened or may happen, or make somebody do this

How do you not worry? Is it possible not to worry? Does Jesus offer an antidote to worry? He does.

He says to seek Him first, to rejoice, to give thanks and probably of greatest importance, TRUST HIM!

In the past two months I could list out the multiple ways our family has experienced being clothed, sheltered, encouraged and that we have received assurance that we are not alone.

I seek Him by looking for what and where He is moving in my life each day. I seek Him by leaning upon Him. I rejoice in all things. In my confusion, in my weakness, in my short comings. I rejoice because He is with me and He for me. I rejoice because He poured out His life on the cross on my behalf. I give Him thanks for His love. His friendship. His kindness. The wonderful friends He has filled my life with. I thank Him for today. The breath He gives me at this moment. I trust Him. He is faithful. He is trustworthy. He never fails. He is good.

Rest.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ealey said...

How encouraging this is to me! I am so excited about your blog and even more excited about what God has coming your way!!!

I love you so much!
Elizabeth

Laura said...

yay for a stewart family blog! i've been reading that passage lately...and philippians 4:6. truth is good

KÄRIN [I write – therefore I am] said...

FINALLY!!! A way to stay in touch, thanks Kim!! =)
I've been missing your blog postings so badly, wondering what's going on.
So you've moved?! Tell me, tell me...
LOVE YOU ALL!!
/Your beloved Swede...