Last week I spent about three days on the Internet and telephone trying to find a place for us to live. When I finally thought I had found a place we made plans to travel to KC to check it out. The pictures on-line, information and my conversations with the management at the apartment/townhouse all seemed great but sometimes you just have to see something to be sure. Sunday after church we went to KC to check out our new possible home.
Everything turned out great. We had several criteria and everything seemed to fit really well. There is a work-out facility, children's area, pool, coffee bar and Internet cafe in the clubhouse--what a deal! The apartment itself is very open and will fit our needs until we buy a house. We all felt comfortable with our new abode . . . although it did feel weird to think about living in an apartment complex I haven't done that since about 1987. We also really like the area around it--lots of single family homes, trees and most importantly friends. We found out that two couples that we know both live very close--one 10 minutes north of us and the other maybe 5 minutes south. We also have several other friends that will only be about 25 minutes away.
Todd and some guys are going to move all of our things up to KC next week and then we will move May 27. A good friend is getting married that weekend so we can't leave sooner--Lia is also in the wedding. It will be a pretty crazy weekend but we are excited.
I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with friends. I realize that I will see all of these fabulous people again but knowing that they won't be 5 minutes away makes me want to get as much time as possible with them.
Wow! This is really happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment