I'm typing from our newest home. This morning, with the help of some incredible friends we moved our belongings from the 15x25 storage unit to the duplex we will be living in for the next 1 or 2 or 3 months. The move went well. Basically, everything is going to stay boxed and stored in the garage. I only unpacked what seemed necessary--4 plates, 4 bowls, silverwear, cups, glasses (because I prefer to drink out of glass), mixing bowls and pots and pans. Our refrigerator isn't quite stocked yet but we do have plenty of yogurt--not sure how or why we have so much yogurt but we do. Our beds are made and our clothes are still in suitcases--where they might stay for awhile.
Moving can always produce a lot of emotions in you. It can be a stressful time. When I woke up this morning I started in my, "we are moving, let's get to work" mode. We had breakfast with the Keithley's and then loaded up the car. That's when the emotions started--I basically cried from that moment on! Emotion #1: I'm stressed. I like things in order and when I move everthing will be out of order for awhile. I need to relax and not go crazy trying to have everything put together by this evening. Emotion #2: Our time at the Keithley's was wonderful, restful and great fun. I will miss seeing them every day, I will miss our chats on the front porch while the kids played and the stillness that surrounds you at the Shire. Emotion #3: I am extremely grateful for God's love and provision to us. I'm grateful for the Keithley's opening their home and lives to us. I'm grateful that good things are ahead for us and that I can rest in God's faithfulness.
Oh, what a day!
What
1 comment:
Blessings on your new (temporary) home, dear friends!
Post a Comment