8.19.2015
day 228
3 Gifts in Church
1. Family. I have mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, sons and daughters. Whether here in Columbia, KC or Korea, we have experienced the gift of family in church.
2. A safe place. Sadly, I know this isn't true for many in church life but I have experienced safety in the church communities I have been apart of. In my struggles, failures, brokenness, and celebrations I have been loved, cared for and protected.
3. The church is described as a body where every part is significant. Whether a hand, a toe, an eye, each part is valued and necessary. The part I play is important and valued. Discovering what part you are and then living out your purpose in that role has been meaningful to me over the years. It's also been so fun to come along side others to celebrate and encourage their part. Every joint supplies . . .
8.20.2015
day 229
3 Gifts of Serving
1. An opportunity to provide or attend to the need of another.
2. I've been a server/waitress. I always enjoyed creating a meaningful experience by serving my customers with attentiveness and joy. It wasn't an easy job--the work was hard and times challenging but fun and rewarding.
3. Serving gets me out of the way. So often I am more self-serving but as I care for another I experience the gift of Jesus who was the Greatest of Servants. The One who was worthy to be served, girded his waist and served His friends and enemies. The Humble Servant King.
day 228
3 Gifts in Church
1. Family. I have mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, sons and daughters. Whether here in Columbia, KC or Korea, we have experienced the gift of family in church.
2. A safe place. Sadly, I know this isn't true for many in church life but I have experienced safety in the church communities I have been apart of. In my struggles, failures, brokenness, and celebrations I have been loved, cared for and protected.
3. The church is described as a body where every part is significant. Whether a hand, a toe, an eye, each part is valued and necessary. The part I play is important and valued. Discovering what part you are and then living out your purpose in that role has been meaningful to me over the years. It's also been so fun to come along side others to celebrate and encourage their part. Every joint supplies . . .
Today was the first day of school. It's hard to believe that we are here again. I will miss the slow days of summer. I will miss the easy rhythm with my kids. The day was sweet though. I have a new class of kids, we have a fresh beginning and year of learning and growing together. Zach started 11th grade and Lia 6th grade (Lia is in my class which she has mixed feelings about). I think this is going to be a great year for each of them. A year of growing in grace, strength, life. Man, I love these kids. I wish time would slow . . . savoring every moment and day and season--they pass so quickly.
day 229
3 Gifts of Serving
1. An opportunity to provide or attend to the need of another.
2. I've been a server/waitress. I always enjoyed creating a meaningful experience by serving my customers with attentiveness and joy. It wasn't an easy job--the work was hard and times challenging but fun and rewarding.
3. Serving gets me out of the way. So often I am more self-serving but as I care for another I experience the gift of Jesus who was the Greatest of Servants. The One who was worthy to be served, girded his waist and served His friends and enemies. The Humble Servant King.

No comments:
Post a Comment