Saturday, September 12, 2009

Do you understand English?

I was sitting at a local restaurant downstairs this evening people watching. Mandu is similar to a Chinese dumpling. This particular restaurant only serves soup and mandu and their mandu is de-li-cious!

O-kay back to people watching.

As I sat at the window watching the buses and people pass, I notice that several people pass me with small dogs. Now don't even go there . . . these are pets, cute, sweet, lovable pets--they are not used for meals. There is also a pet store/vet office in our building and we always see cute little dogs visiting.

We are not going to get a dog but if we did, I started to wonder if the dog would understand English. I seriously laughed out loud thinking about this. It would be hilarious to see how a dog would respond to commands like, sit, fetch, down. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this. Perhaps I'm just entertaining myself thinking of goofy things. I'll let you know if I get a chance to experiment.

Today was a lovely day. I was able to talk to friends in KC this morning and then I enjoy breakfast with some pretty fantastic girls that I've met through a new friend. It was wonderful to hang out with them. I'm looking forward to more time together.

We've had a restful day. It's so good to have Todd home. He's exhausted from the week but really enjoyed the time away with the other teachers and students.

We are grateful that Anne, Lia's teacher is out of the hospital and healing very well. It's really a miracle of grace that she is home now. She may be at school this week so my substituting days may be over for awhile. :-)

The weather is cooler today. I hope it means that fall is soon coming to Korea!

We continue to battle the leaking toilet and now have a new battle, leaking sink. I really don't know when these two items will be repaired but they assure us they will be. We are trying to stay flexible and remain positive.

1 comment:

I am Bethany. said...

oh kimmer...
i haven't thought about this is years, but my dog growing up was bilingual and we used to marvel at her. she understood commands in both languages. i'm so glad you're meeting with girls! GOd is glorified through you all over the world. love you!