Lia turned 6 years old today! We tried to celebrate a little all weekend. Saturday we met two of Lia's classmates, Ocean and Sky, along with their Mom, Terra (who is also Zach's teacher) at Mosaic, a local English Cafe. We sat outside on the rooftop patio, sipping tea, eating cookies and chatting. It was nice for Lia to have time with two little friends and for me to have some Mom time with Terra.
Today, we again visited Life Church and then had lunch and cupcakes at home. I picked up cupcakes in Jeongja yesterday and a cute little cupcake shop. Lia didn't want us to sing to her because she thought it would be too loud so we sang quietly and she blew out her candles.
This year will be full of many new adventures for Lia. I'm looking forward to watching her grow and learn and I'm praying for strength to love and teach her as we live our adventure here in Korea.
It's been awhile since I shared moments that we seem to have every day with Lia--here are a couple:
Todd and I moved the couch out of the kids room. Lia insisted on helping but the couch is too heavy and we were working with limited space. She crossed her arms, stomped her feet and yelled, "you guys never let me lift heavy things. i can lift heavy things with one arm!"
"you're not my dad and mom any more!"
At school one of the high school girls told Lia that she is "very cute!" Lia got mad at her and said, "no, I'm not!" She later told us that she doesn't like to be called cute or pretty because, "I'm beautiful!" Agreed.
No comments:
Post a Comment