Today was a lovely day. The sky was blue, the temperatures in the high 70's--signs that Fall is soon coming. After spending the morning inside, I decided to take the subway to Jeongja to enjoy a cup of tea on the rooftop patio at Mosaic Cafe. They serve traditional English tea--it's so delicious.
For the past couple of days I've had a dry cough. Nothing serious, just annoying. It feels like I have this constant tickle in my throat.
As I step on the subway, the tickle in my throat starts bothering me and I began coughing. I continue coughing to the point that my eyes began to water and everyone in the subway car is nervously looking at me. I don't think they were worried that I was chocking, I think they were worried that I might have swine flu.
I don't have swine flu. Just in case you're worried.
I was trying so hard to stop coughing but I just couldn't. I was so glad that my ride was going to be short. I raced off the subway and headed straight for the vending machine to get some water.
I coughed most of the walk between the sub station and Mosaic. Thankfully, when I arrived I had finally overcome the tickle, wiped away my tears and ordered my tea.
My time at Mosaic was good. I enjoyed reading and writing in my journal and then had some great conversations with two missionaries who are heading to Nepal in a few days and a pastor who has lived with his family in Korea for the past 5 years. Both conversations were encouraging on so many levels--family, living cross-culturally, community and parenting. Grateful.
Another bright spot of the day. Zach had a good day. The past two days have been good. A boy at school even asked if he could come over to play--that's huge for Zach.
Today was also a day of progress: we have a new toilet, we received our resident cards so now when Todd gets paid we can get a bank account and lastly but so important, we should have cell phones by Friday.
Today was a good day in Korea. Today I really liked Korea. :-)
3 comments:
Hooray! I have been praying for someone to take initiative and befriend Zach. So good to hear that he has had 2 good days in a row!
thanks, kelsey! it was so great to see you at the gathering and have some skype time with you.
kim, you guys have been on my heart so much in the last few days, especially zach. loneliness is always a hard thing, especially for a kid. hugs and love to you all! :-)
Post a Comment