Thursday, September 10, 2009

really long video

The kids wanted to video our subway trip home. I am unable to edit the video so there are sections that get pretty loud as the subway picks up speed. The kids love the video and want me to post it, so I am. It's almost 7 minutes long. That's long. Hope you enjoy.

I was able to substitute again today for the 1st and 2nd grade classes. We had a much easier day. Consistency is the key! It's always the key but when you throw in language barriers, little boys with a lot of energy and cute smiles--consistency is a must!

Lia has made some friends with some of the older girls (4th and 5th grade)--they just love her, think she's adorable and she of course loves all the attention. It's fun to see her so happy. The days are long though and she's pretty tired at night.

Zach has still been observing and taking things a little slow. That of course is fine--this is a pretty big change. Today at recess Zach decided to join in the basketball game that was being played. It made me so happy to see him playing hard and having fun. There are many frustrations due to language and culture but you can play a game of basketball and all those things seem to fade.

Todd returns home tomorrow! Yay! It's been strange not having him here. We miss him!

2 comments:

annaelyse said...

basketball seems to cross ALL language barriers. I can't even count the hours I spent watching the guys on our team play bball and meet friends. I hung out with the girlfriends on the sidelines. yeah this 6 foot tall girl and basketball. not so much! YAY for todd returning!! YAY for subways! YAY for YOU!

I am Bethany. said...

ZACH!! you are doing so good! i'm really impressed that you mastered the whole subway system of going to school and getting home. i still think you're so brave!