Saturday, September 5, 2009

what's up with kim?

Some of you blog readers may have noticed that I changed the blog title. Here is how most conversation go after I've introduced myself:

me: "Hello, my name is Kim."
Korean friend: "oh, Kim! you have Korean name."
me (with a smile): "yes, I have Korean name."

Kim, Kimchi, Kimbap

At the school Todd is teaching at there are several Mrs. Kim's--although it's their family name, not their first name--I think half of Korea has Kim as their family name. Kimchi, is a dish served with almost every meal in Korea. Kimchi is cabbage that has been fermented in a spicy sauce. It's actually pretty good. Kimbap is similar to a California Roll. There are many Kimbap shops along the streets. I tried my first Kimbap last week-it was really tasty!

I changed the title because I thought it was a bit more clever than "Stewart Family News"--maybe it's not as clever as I think but I think it sounds a little more interesting!

No comments: