Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kia, Hundai, Lexus?

It's been a wild and crazy week. Todd left today for a three day retreat to the mountains with the high school students. I must admit, I'm jealous. I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful time away and I'm looking forward to hearing about it when he returns. So the kids and I are on our own. Our first evening is going well--let's hope it remains that way when I say it's bedtime.

Sunday evening we received an urgent message to pray for the 1st and 2nd grade teacher, Anne. Anne is Lia's teacher--she's a super lady and wonderful teacher. Anne just graduated from college and moved here for her first year of teaching. Sunday evening Anne had an accident with boiling water that has left 2nd degree burns on her stomach and inner thighs. She had to be hospitalized and is receiving treatment for these burns. I've spoken to her twice on the phone and though this is an extremely difficult situation, she is doing well and is in good spirits. Praise God. Please pray for her when she comes to your mind. She is very anxious to get back to school and do what she came here to do!

Substitute Teacher
Monday morning I left for school with Todd and the kids and became the 1st & 2nd grade substitute. I'm posting a video of thoughts from that day.

I was unfortunately sick Tuesday and unable to help out. Today the elementary had a field trip and I wasn't needed. I'm back on board for Thursday and a half a day Friday.

The kids are incredibly cute but very mischievous--mostly the boys. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or discipline them. It was a fun and exhausting day.

At the end of the day, this isn't on the video, I was talking to the kids about where they live. One of the boys asked what kinda of car I had, it went something like this:

Boy: "Teacher, what kind of car do you have?"
Me: "I don't have a car."
boy: "In the US, do you have a car?"
Me: "I did."
Boy: "Kia? Hundai? Lexus?"
Me: "No, American car?"
Boy (shocked): "No Kia, No Hundai, No Lexus"
Me: "nope!"
Boy: shook his head and sighed.

I did laugh out loud.

1 comment:

I am Bethany. said...

I LOVE THIS!!
"if we were just hanging out...it would be great...but I'm supposed to be TEACHING them..."