Thursday, February 5, 2015

day 35. 2015

3 Gifts found when BENT DOWN

1. His floor.
2. Her floor.
3. this verse spoken by John the Baptist . . . "There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose." 


This morning when I went to wake up each of the kids I could barely walk across the floor because of all the stuff. At first I was frustrated and then I remembered my friend Tom's words,
 "One day their stuff and their hugs and their presence won't be like it is today so pause often to be thankful. Treasure the moments." Quietly and gently I woke each of them up and gave thanks for the beautiful messy gift of my kids.

When I read this verse today I was struck by the humility of Jesus. He has bent down, humbled himself, washed our feet and served us. Who is like Him. 



No comments: