Thursday, April 23, 2015

day 107 & 108. 2015

It's been a full day. I arrived at the church early to help with set-up for the retreat. After a day with the ladies we headed to Kansas City to celebrate a friend. We stayed with our friends, Glen and Nancy. What a gift these friends are. There is an ease with them. Laughter, thoughtful conversation and encouragement.

day 107

3 Gifts of Saturday

1. Early morning set-up and serving along side other women.

2. Worship. Songs sung that point my heart to the One who loves me and whom I love.

3. Birthday trip to KC. We were able to celebrate our friend, Amy G today. Amy turned 40 and her friends all gathered to celebrate her. I appreciate the gift of Amy in my life. She is kind, generous, witty, unpretentious, humble. A lover of beauty and values people well. A beauty inside and out. Kansas plains, large wind turbines, pie, long chats, hugs and huge plates of beef, rooftop adventures and restricted access roads . . . I need this woman in my life.

day 108

3 Gifts of Sunday

1. Slow morning sipping tea and reading in the Kahlers kitchen.

2. Watching birds with Nancy.

3. Lunch with Lia in Brookside. We chatted, shopped and explored. It was good to be with my girl.

4. Bonus. Afternoon sitting side by side by treasured friend Rachel. Aka. Ray-Ray. 

No comments: