Thursday, April 30, 2015

day 118. 2015

3 Gifts found in the Dirt

1. Newly planted seeds. I am planting marigold seeds. Hopeful that in due time I will have a sweet little area of bright colored flowers.

2. Roots. I love imagining the dirt and roots twisted together underground. The roots stretching, reaching, growing providing the nutrients that the plant needs. Nature is amazing.

3. Getting dirty. I've worked and played in the dirt. What a wonderful experience to get dirty from work and play.

Today was a long and hard day at school. So much was wrong with this day and yet I'm hoping and trusting in the One who sees and knows and understands in all the ways I cannot. He makes wrong things right and takes brokenness and restores. He comforts those who grieve and brings strengthens the week. Jesus, you are Life, Hope and Light in dark places. Come.

No comments: