Last day of April. 119 Gifts x 3 = 357 gifts
A Gift Given, Made, Sacrificed
A Gift Given, Made, Sacrificed
1. My friend Brenda bought me tea for the bus trip to St. Louis. She bought not just one but two so I would have a choice. This is Brenda--always going above and beyond, serving with a smile and more energy than I could gather up in a day. She is a faithful, kind, compassionate, fun to laugh with and beautiful lady!
2. The volume on the bus ride back from St. Louis was high. Small yellow bus + 20 6th graders + open windows + TRAFFIC = VERY LOUD! I had a migraine. My sweet bus buddy and I played hangman, 20 questions, and drew pictures. Repeat. The first picture we made was an ocean scene. We took turns adding to the picture. It was a labor of love. I felt like my head was going to explode. God bless Mr. Mueller for driving! 2 hour trip turned into almost 4 hours on the small yellow bus.
3. Letting go. Trusting. Doing what doesn't necessarily feel good or right but it's the best yet most painful decision. You are brave my friends.
Today was the 6th grade field trip to the St. Louis Cardinals game. With the emotions of the week it was good to be with our class and have some fun. Throughout the day a wave of sadness would come over me and I would pray again to the One who sees, knows, makes new. I'm sorry to be vague with all of this. A friend/coworker has had to make a very painful decision and I want to be sensitive to their story.
No comments:
Post a Comment