A Gift Outside, Inside, Upside Down
1. There are so many outside gifts from today. Gilead while sipping tea on the patio, the sound of rain, bees, grilled scallops, strawberry patch, birds, blue and grey sky, conversation, freshly mowed grass, pretty flowers.
2. Lunch around the table with Rie, Todd, Zach and Lia. Thankful for each of their presence in my life.
3. I feel a little upside down trying to figure out my new camera. It arrived Thursday and I've been wrestling with it all afternoon. I need patience.
Today is Mother's Day. There were many, many Mother's Days that were painful for me as I longed to be a Mom. The long wait, delay, loss and uncertainty were challenging and painful to navigate. I would often skip church or come late and leave early. I would attend baby showers to celebrate friends and leave grieving my loss and delay. When I found out I was pregnant with Zach those days and years seemed to fade. Every Mother's Day I think of the waiting and who else might be experiencing the same pain and uncertainty that I walked through. Most of us experience an unfulfilled longing or dream and if that's you today, my heart aches with yours whatever that longing may be. The ONE who sees and knows you is not aloof to you or your circumstances. He has HOPE and GRACE for your today and tomorrow and the day that follows. He will draw near to you in your grief and frustration and bring comfort, joy and life. Fear not, you are not alone. The One who rescues and saves will also provide all that you need.


No comments:
Post a Comment