day 134
3 Gifts About You
1. The scar below my left eye. When I was three years old I was standing on a chair stretching to look out the window when the chair shifted below me. I fell and landed on a soda bottle. It left a pretty bad cut and my first black eye.
2. Approachable.
3. I am Yours and You are Mine. I woke up with a million thoughts racing through my mind. I made my tea, sat in my quiet spot and tried to quiet my thoughts. Nothing. My mind continued to race and I struggled to focus. This went on for about 20 minutes. I asked the Holy Spirit to help me because I was about to give up. He said, "Put your book down and get out your pen." So I did. I sat for several moments and that phrase, I am Yours and You are Mine began to play over and over in my mind. For the next 15 minutes that was the only thought in my mind. I then wrote it over and over in my journal and the truth of the words began to bring strength, comfort and rest to my soul. All I needed to do was to ask the Helper for Help. He is faithful and ready to answer.
day 135
3 Gifts Found in His Word
1. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble, Therefore we will not fear. Psalm 46:1
2. Now the Lord is Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17
3. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus . . . Romans 8: 1
Our friend Anna from Kansas City was here with us this weekend. Thankful for our continued friendship with this beautiful lady. I'm thankful for the time she takes to be with our family. The weekend felt slow and easy and restful. We enjoyed good food, good conversation and one of my favorite films, Babbet's Feast.
3 Gifts About You
1. The scar below my left eye. When I was three years old I was standing on a chair stretching to look out the window when the chair shifted below me. I fell and landed on a soda bottle. It left a pretty bad cut and my first black eye.
2. Approachable.
3. I am Yours and You are Mine. I woke up with a million thoughts racing through my mind. I made my tea, sat in my quiet spot and tried to quiet my thoughts. Nothing. My mind continued to race and I struggled to focus. This went on for about 20 minutes. I asked the Holy Spirit to help me because I was about to give up. He said, "Put your book down and get out your pen." So I did. I sat for several moments and that phrase, I am Yours and You are Mine began to play over and over in my mind. For the next 15 minutes that was the only thought in my mind. I then wrote it over and over in my journal and the truth of the words began to bring strength, comfort and rest to my soul. All I needed to do was to ask the Helper for Help. He is faithful and ready to answer.
day 135
3 Gifts Found in His Word
1. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble, Therefore we will not fear. Psalm 46:1
2. Now the Lord is Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17
3. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus . . . Romans 8: 1
Our friend Anna from Kansas City was here with us this weekend. Thankful for our continued friendship with this beautiful lady. I'm thankful for the time she takes to be with our family. The weekend felt slow and easy and restful. We enjoyed good food, good conversation and one of my favorite films, Babbet's Feast.
No comments:
Post a Comment