A Gift Picked UP, Put Away, Put Back
1. Today at lunch someone dropped a whole bowl of croutons on the floor but didn't pick them up. I addressed the class responsible asking that whoever made the mess to please clean it up. No one of course would admit to the mess. I tried to encourage them that no one was in trouble, it just needed to be cleaned up. Still nothing. Really? Ugh! Then one sweet little fellow came up and said, "I don't mind cleaning it up Mrs. Stewart." He didn't make the mess.
2. Dishes. I was emptying the dishwasher and putting dishes away and thought, "I am so grateful for this dishwasher!" We didn't have a dishwasher for 5 years and I was perfectly fine without one but having the convenience is sure wonderful.
3. This should read: Put Back Together. Todd and Zach were moving a table but decided to keep everything on it including my sweet little bird bookends while they moved it. All was well until they sat it down and the bookends fell off and broke. Thankfully, the sweet little birds were glued back on and all is well.
Today it rained. Hard, steady rain at times. As dinner time approached the clouds began to break forming large, fluffy, rolling clouds across the sky. In the distance it looked like Missouri suddenly had a mountain range. The sun kissed the rain soaked plants in our small garden. I picked our first ripe strawberries and shared with Lia and Landon.
As the sun was setting this evening Lia said, "Mom, if you want to see something beautiful, follow me!" And so I did.
A good way to end this 133rd day of 2015.
1. Today at lunch someone dropped a whole bowl of croutons on the floor but didn't pick them up. I addressed the class responsible asking that whoever made the mess to please clean it up. No one of course would admit to the mess. I tried to encourage them that no one was in trouble, it just needed to be cleaned up. Still nothing. Really? Ugh! Then one sweet little fellow came up and said, "I don't mind cleaning it up Mrs. Stewart." He didn't make the mess.
2. Dishes. I was emptying the dishwasher and putting dishes away and thought, "I am so grateful for this dishwasher!" We didn't have a dishwasher for 5 years and I was perfectly fine without one but having the convenience is sure wonderful.
3. This should read: Put Back Together. Todd and Zach were moving a table but decided to keep everything on it including my sweet little bird bookends while they moved it. All was well until they sat it down and the bookends fell off and broke. Thankfully, the sweet little birds were glued back on and all is well.
Today it rained. Hard, steady rain at times. As dinner time approached the clouds began to break forming large, fluffy, rolling clouds across the sky. In the distance it looked like Missouri suddenly had a mountain range. The sun kissed the rain soaked plants in our small garden. I picked our first ripe strawberries and shared with Lia and Landon.
As the sun was setting this evening Lia said, "Mom, if you want to see something beautiful, follow me!" And so I did.
A good way to end this 133rd day of 2015.
No comments:
Post a Comment