Sunday, May 24, 2015

day 141. 2015

3 Gifts That Made You Laugh

1. 6th grade year in review. We watched the slide show that I put together for the 6th graders to celebrate our last day of school. There was a lot of laughter and tears and hugs. What a great group of kids. I will miss their silliness and quirky sense of humor and hugs.

2. End of the Year Staff Lunch. When you put a bunch of teachers and school staff together to share stories from the year things get a little crazy. You can tell we all need a summer break. We're a little delirious. In all the laughter you know there were struggles and challenges and days when we all wondered if we could press on. The CFS staff is amazing and committed to one another and to the students. I'm grateful to partner with each of them.

3. My Super-Woman outfit for the annual Kickball Tournament. Ridiculous and yet so Awesome.

Today was the last day of school. It was the last day of 5th grade for Lia. The last day of 10th grade for Zach. Oh how they are growing up! I want them to grow and mature and experience new things but I also want them to just stop! I am savoring each day. Even the challenging ones because there will be a day when Lia's stuff want be strung throughout the house and Zach won't be eating every couple of hours and going through a couple gallons of milk every week. Pause. Listen. Slow down. Pay attention. Be present. Life goes by so quickly.

I am grateful for the rhythm of summer. I am grateful that there is now homework tonight or test tomorrow. I'm grateful for slower mornings and catching up on laundry and cleaning the bathrooms and grilling out and have a cold beer from time to time.

Summer, I am glad you are here. But please be kind and don't get hot and humid just yet.

No comments: