3 Unexpected Gifts
1. Lunch on the patio with a friend. We were at a Mexican restaurant. The sweet older woman who brought us water only speaks Spanish. I remember a few words from Spanish class in 1985. Her smile was warm and kind. We exchanged our greetings and she put her arm around me and gently patted my back. A little unexpected treasure in my day.
2. A phone call from my friend Kimmy Sue. She lives in Chicago. I was surprised to get a call in the middle of the day. What a special treat! She just wanted to say hello and catch me up on exciting things happening in her life.
3. Two sweet little barn swallows are trying to build a nest on our porch. It's not a good spot for a nest but it's wonderful to see how diligent they are to work and protect their space. I now have a dilemma of what to do about these sweet little birds and their nest.
1. Lunch on the patio with a friend. We were at a Mexican restaurant. The sweet older woman who brought us water only speaks Spanish. I remember a few words from Spanish class in 1985. Her smile was warm and kind. We exchanged our greetings and she put her arm around me and gently patted my back. A little unexpected treasure in my day.
2. A phone call from my friend Kimmy Sue. She lives in Chicago. I was surprised to get a call in the middle of the day. What a special treat! She just wanted to say hello and catch me up on exciting things happening in her life.
3. Two sweet little barn swallows are trying to build a nest on our porch. It's not a good spot for a nest but it's wonderful to see how diligent they are to work and protect their space. I now have a dilemma of what to do about these sweet little birds and their nest.
No comments:
Post a Comment