Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015. Beginnings.

My last post was in the summer of 2013. I have done two photo projects in the past two years but writing has been something that still remained silent in me. I was talking with a dear friend this week and she shared how she hasn't been able to play the piano and sing. Everything seemed asleep inside her and when she endeavored to reach out to play a note or sing a melody, she just froze. We encouraged one another, spoke life and grace to one another and looked forward together.

When a new year begins it feels like a safe time to resurrect something old and make it new, to revisit, reflect and remember. My hope this year is to fight for joy and find grace in each day. Dream. Risk. Follow. Wait. Pray. Give Thanks.

Ann Voskamp's book, 1000 Gifts, is a journey of Thanksgiving and Remembrance. Voskamp writes, "Eucharisteo is charis, meaning grace. Jesus took bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks. Eucharisteo --Thanksgiving--always proceeds the miracle."

My hope is to take a journey of thanksgiving this year by recording daily observances with words and a photo. I will post each day where I have seen grace and beauty around me.


I wonder what miracles await us in 2015.

Day 1: 3 Gifts heard
1. Stories of lives shared over years with good friends
2. Lia's imagination and dreams. They are so big.
3. I love yous from 15 year old son

We brought in the New Year with the Urbans. Sharing hot pot, wine and laughter.












 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this Kim! You are encouraging me that I can begin again. Praying for you!