I didn't feel like there was a lot of space in this day. The day was very full but also good and exhausting. Reflection is always good and I'm thankful for this process everyday.
There were many moments of beauty and grace throughout this day.
There were many moments of beauty and grace throughout this day.
Warm sunshine and blue skies, sharing the I Have a Dream speech by Martin Luther King with the 6th grade class (they applauded when it was over), recess outside with happy and active kids, recess art, rock treasures found by a student and shared with me ("Pick one! It's yours!"), AT interviews, afternoon conversation with a dear friend and an evening with the kids talking about Jesus and His unfailing, unstoppable love towards us . . .
I could go on!
When you pause to remember, it is possible to find small, big, significant,
seemingly insignificant grace in your day.
A Gift Worn, Given Away, Shared
1. I've worn my wedding band for almost 24 years. This is actually my second band. Made from gold shavings and formed into this beautiful band--another story for a different post. The other band is my Grandmother's engagement ring. I remember her twirling this on her finger all the time. I believe she wore this band for over 50 years. Todd and I are almost halfway there.
2. Today I gave away hugs and time and stories and love and encouragement. I also received way more. Tea delivered to me at school. Hugs. Encouragement. Kindness. I took a picture of 4 scarves that were given to me. Two were hand made by my dear Jinny. One is a gift from my friend Hannah. She brought the scarf back for from her recent trip to Israel. The last is as a recent gift from one of my new students. So many things can be said about each of these precious people in my life. Thankful. Each time I wear a scarf I pray, give thanks and remember the gift of them in my life.
3. Today I shared tea and one hour with my dear friend, Deb. I am deeply grateful for our friendship. I am grateful to share life with her. I am grateful for the grace that oozes from her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment