3 Yellow Gifts of Fresh Mercy
I've thought about this all day. Yellow? It's winter and you don't see much yellow around. I tend to associate yellow with spring or summer. That's what's so great about looking for mercy and grace in each day because some days feel naked like trees in the winter or cold and rainy and all you want to do is stay inside and drink tea all day. But then grace comes. It reminds you of stories and people you love. It draws you back to what's good and your heart swells with thanks and joy returns. That's what happened today when I looked for yellow gifts of mercy.
1. The yellow striped pillow. I made this with my friend Anna. Anna is one of my treasured friends from our time in Korea. She has visited us every year since our return. We usually do a craft project while she visits. I am thankful for Anna. We laugh, cry, craft, enjoy good food, wine and share our lives together.
2. Yellow flowers for Lia. We have sent flowers to Lia for Gotcha Day the last few years. She loves flowers just as much as I do. I think when she was 3 or 4, Todd sent me flowers and she couldn't understand why he hadn't sent them to her too. So now we do.
3. Painted yellow daisies. I had an idea several years ago to do a painting for our new house in Kansas City. My friend Rachel, aka Ray-Ray, who has way more artistic talent than I, helped make it happen. This painting hangs in our bedroom. It reminds me of Rachel and the gift of her friendship and the relentless love of Jesus.
I've thought about this all day. Yellow? It's winter and you don't see much yellow around. I tend to associate yellow with spring or summer. That's what's so great about looking for mercy and grace in each day because some days feel naked like trees in the winter or cold and rainy and all you want to do is stay inside and drink tea all day. But then grace comes. It reminds you of stories and people you love. It draws you back to what's good and your heart swells with thanks and joy returns. That's what happened today when I looked for yellow gifts of mercy.
1. The yellow striped pillow. I made this with my friend Anna. Anna is one of my treasured friends from our time in Korea. She has visited us every year since our return. We usually do a craft project while she visits. I am thankful for Anna. We laugh, cry, craft, enjoy good food, wine and share our lives together.
2. Yellow flowers for Lia. We have sent flowers to Lia for Gotcha Day the last few years. She loves flowers just as much as I do. I think when she was 3 or 4, Todd sent me flowers and she couldn't understand why he hadn't sent them to her too. So now we do.
3. Painted yellow daisies. I had an idea several years ago to do a painting for our new house in Kansas City. My friend Rachel, aka Ray-Ray, who has way more artistic talent than I, helped make it happen. This painting hangs in our bedroom. It reminds me of Rachel and the gift of her friendship and the relentless love of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment