Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 7. 2015

Today was challenging. I was hit with a horrible migraine in the afternoon. It basically took me out the rest of the day. It was hard to see, hear, find, think of where grace was when I wished for my head to be removed from my body. I lathered myself in peppermint oil, soaked my hands and feet in hot water while balancing an ice pack on my neck and then drank some cinnamon tea--all home remedies to combat the evil migraine. It was worse than normal and didn't succumb to my battle plan. I took my medicine and slept. I woke up thinking about todays gifts from the day.

Todays fight for joy was to see three graces from those I love. This could be a long, long list but I chose three things that I keep next to my bed in a little drawer.

Three Graces from people I Love

1. Jinny's handkerchif. I had given her my blue handkerchief one day when the tears flowed and their absence was felt. It was a day that grace met us both and Jesus came close and brought His comfort and peace. She gave me hers.

2. A journal of words of love and encouragement and pictures from a group of people we spent two years with in Korea. We love them each deeply and think of each of them often.

3. Ten years ago today we were in China and I was carrying this picture, the first picture we ever saw of Lia. I am grateful for those who cared for her until we could bring her home. Gotcha day is coming!



 

No comments: